Monday, June 29, 2020

Baseball Trip Replay - Day 37 - June 29, 1994

June 29 - Got up and talked with Leslie some more until it was time to leave. Drove to the Alewife T station in Concord and took the T to Fenway Park. I like Fenway. It's nice and cozy, and the seats all face home. It's kind of strangely shaped, but that is a characteristic of these old places. The 37' wall in left is really cool. It was raining all of the way to the T station, but it had stopped for the game, and everything started on time. Leslie and Chuck met me at the game.

The Yankees beat Boston 4-3 in ten innings with home runs by Danny Tartabull and Jim Leyritz of NY. After the game, Leslie, Chuck and I were walking out of the stadium and were passed by Jim Kaat and Sean McDonough (I believe that is his name) of ESPN (in their snappy blue TV jackets) and one of the guys that does SportsCenter. Ooh, ahh. My brush with fame for the trip.

Leslie, Chuck and I said our goodbyes at the Park St. Station, and I drove to Richard Wells' house. Richard and I talked to very late. He and I went to junior high together, and we both went to Rice. We talked and talked about what each other was doing and about the huge number of people that we both knew in school.

Route to Concord from Providence - I-95 North to Massachusetts 128. Massachusetts 128 to Massachusetts 2. Massachusetts 2 to Concord.

Game log: https://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1994/B06290BOS1994.htm

Scoresheet for 1994-06-29 NYA at BOS - Visitors

Scoresheet for 1994-06-29 NYA at BOS - Home

No comments: