Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Baseball Trip Replay - Day 18 - June 10, 1994

June 10 - Got back on the road. Got to Chicago just in time for rush hour. Not only that, but they are rebuilding the Kennedy freeway, which is the busiest in the city. Traffic was horrible. Once I got through that, Northern Illinois and Wisconsin are very nice. Got into Milwaukee about 8. Had real trouble finding a place to stay. It's a nice town; lots and lots of brick buildings, parks, breweries, and Lutheran churches. But not many motels. Finally found one on west side of town. By this point, I really felt terrible; I was stopped up and had a touch of fever.

Route: I-57 North to I-90-94 (Kennedy Expressway). I-90-94 West (North) to I-94. I-94 North to US 41. US 41 North to I-94 (avoids toll in Illinois). I-94 West to Milwaukee.


No comments: