Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Baseball Trip Replay - Day 11 - June 3, 1994

June 3 - Tibor's Denver Hilton continued welcoming guests as another person flew in.

But first, I took my computer to a shop to have the system reinstalled, got the light fixed in my sun visor (it was hanging down in my field of vision) and had lunch. I then made my way to the airport to pick Tibor's friend Bec up.

Of course, there was a real bad accident on I-25, and they closed all lanes, and I had to find my way around this on city streets. Fortunately, Denver is a grid.

Got there about 10 minutes late. Bec came out from Baltimore to see this concert that had the Violent Femmes and to interview for a job. Bec and I dropped her stuff back at the apartment, and tried to go to the US Mint, but it was closed. We did however, see the World's Ugliest Building. This amorphous looking dark grey brick thing had windows seemingly in random places and of random shapes.

I took her back and got my computer. Got back, and Tibor, Bec, Pete and I went to this excellent Italian restaurant and ate. We then went to the Rockies game.

Mile High is a football stadium. Still, it wasn't that bad. I could see Pike's Peak from my seat. We moved to other seats because of railings in our way. Colorado won 6-4, over Pittsburg, but the ninth inning was tense, as Pittsburg had men on. Best game so far.

We went back and played cards and drank alchohol until 2 AM, and went to bed.






No comments: