Sunday, June 07, 2020

Baseball Trip Replay - Day 15 - June 7, 1994

June 7 - Woke up and back of palette in mouth felt scratchy. Sigh. Knew I was going to get another episode of the sinus infection that would not die. Took massive amounts of drugs.

Got on the road for Dallas. Left just in time, as really bad hailstorms were trying to cut me off. As I would leave a county, it would fall under a tornado watch. Really glad I don't live on the Great Plains anymore.

Went through Oklahoma City about 5. It's been 19 years since I have been through this place; I hope it's at least 19 more. It's ugly, dirty and has really bad weather. The Arbuckle Mountains south of there are really pretty, but I have trouble using the term "Mountains" to describe them.

Got to my uncle's house in Euless about 8:30. Euless is between Dallas and Fort Worth, just southeast of DFW Airport and north of Arlington, where the Rangers play. My family used to get so lost trying to find this place; I just drove to it. I don't understand.

Got caught up with my uncle, Herschel White. He is an old mainframe programmer and systems analyst from IBM who accepted IBM's recent early retirement package. He is now consulting and is having an interesting time adjusting to life away from Big Blue. My aunt had to visit her mother, who was having cataract surgery, so she couldn't make it to see me this time.

Route: I-35 South to I-35W. I-35W to I-820. I-820 East to Texas 121. Texas 121 to FM 157 in Euless.


No comments: