Sunday, June 14, 2020

Baseball Trip Replay - Day 22 - June 14, 1994

June 14 - I left David and Valerie's about 10 o'clock. Got to South Bend, Indiana around 3 and spent forever finding the Woodwind and Brasswind. Finally found it, and bought a clarinet mouthpiece, and tried out the three top-of-the-line bari saxes. The Selmer is great. It's the only model that is better than mine.

I then set out for Columbus. US 33 goes through a very, very long urban stretch through South Bend, Elkhart and Goshen, IN. Took about an hour and a half to get through all of it.

Got into Columbus about 9:30 EDT. Turns out that I have met Margaret, Gail and Jeff before. Jeff even remembered me. Had a good time figuring out whom we all knew at Rice. Anna would have hated it, as she gets tired of Rice gatherings. Then everybody had to go to bed.

It is very hot this summer in the Midwest, and nobody has AC. Ah, well. Lot's of nights sleeping in sweat. Just like old times.

Route - US 41 South to I-80-90. I-80-90 East to US 33. US 33 East to Columbus.






No comments: