Saturday, July 18, 2020

Baseball Trip Replay - Day 56 - July 18, 1994

July 18 - Stayed at Mom's a little more, and we talked and listened to music some more, and did crosswords. The article in the Chronicle appeared, and I was fairly pleased with it, even if I am only from the San Jose area, and not San Jose. I left to meet Dad at his place in Clear Lake City. When we both had arrived, a message for me from Matt was on his machine. Channel 13 wanted to interview me at the game, so I called and set it up. We got to the game before anybody else in our group. Our group ended up being me, Dad, Krista and Bob, Matt, Brian, Chuck, and Jason Stevens. Jason was funny; he grew up in Italy, so at first, he didn't seem to know what was going on. He seemed to catch on quickly, however. The Astrodome has changed a little; the tacky light bulb scoreboard which lit up when the Astros hit a home run is gone, and seats replace it. I miss them. However, they have a lot more banners around the top. I guess they did a good job; I just miss the light bulbs and the rainbow stripes on the uniforms. The game was great, but it wasn't at first. St. Louis got out to an 11-0 lead in the second inning. But the Astros scored 11 runs in the sixth and won 15-12. Was the biggest comeback in National League history. YEAH! GO ASTROS! I think everybody at the game had a good time, and I am sorry Randy, the eternal Cardinals fan, missed the game. Channel 13 came and interviewed me during the eleven run inning. People taped the news, but since they were showing the game on ABC, the news was delayed. I taped the interview directly off of the news when it repeated at 1:45, but the sound didn't come through very well. Oh, well. And Marvin Zindler had just left for Florida to check out conditions in the refugee camps, and I didn't get him. A true Houston experience missed. I decided not to try and get a Gallery Furniture commercial, though.



It was an accident that I recorded this without sound:



Astrodome before the game:

Bagwell hits a dinger. He would win the MVP this year.

Scoresheet from 1994-07-18 STL vs. HOU - Visitors

Check out that 6th inning.

Scoresheet from 1994-07-18 STL at HOU - Home

No comments: