Friday, July 10, 2020

Baseball Trip Replay - Day 48 - July 10, 1994

July 10 - I went to school at the University of Miami for one year as a music major. When I finally got out of the room after lots of sleep, I went down to U of M and looked around. There are a lot more trees than there used to be, and as a result, the campus looks a lot better. In addition, they appear to have more money than they used to, and a lot of things have been remodeled and repainted. And they have a commuter train station now. A lot better place. The music school has a new building. My sax teacher is still there, but being Sunday, was not in his office. I was running out of time, so I made my way to Joe Robbie Stadium for the Marlins game. Did you know there are no markings as to where this place is from I-95? I didn't. Took a little to find, but got there ok. The place is actually nice, which I was not expecting from a teal-and-orange colored stadium. The place is primarily a football stadium which provisions for baseball. Despite that, baseball works ok in it. It is octagonal, so most of the seats face the field. They blocked off the upper deck with tarps. They have a large, teal, hand-operated scoreboard which is really neat. The giant TV is in right, right where the sun shine on it. They could have put it on the other side. Oh, well. Minor problem. I sat in the club level. This is unique to this place. The restrooms and restaurants are enclosed and carpeted, with lounge chairs liberally distributed throughout. The seat are outside, but like Disney and AstroWorld, they try to air-condition them anyway. They also have waiters and food delivered, but you are expected to tip. The parking lot is weird. They have strips of concrete, which you drive on, and strips of grass, which you park on. I wondered how many people got stuck in mud. They did not let me take my video camera inside. Florida beat Colorado 6-4 when pinch-hitter Mario Diaz hit a bases-loaded triple.

Time for the All-Star break.



1994-07-10 Joe Robbie Stadium - 3rd base line
There was some kind of silly mascot contest. Astros mascot was there.

1994-07-10 Joe Robbie Stadium - Scoreboard

1994-07-10 Joe Robbie Stadium - Right Field

1994-07-10 Joe Robbie Stadium - 1st Base stands

Scoresheet from 1994-07-10 COL at FLO - Visitors
Scoresheet for 1994-07-10 COL at FLO - Home

No comments: