Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Baseball Trip Replay - Day 52 - July 14, 1994

July 14 - Set out on the second day of my journey to Houston. Decided to go through New Orleans because it had been a long, long time. Nice looking city despite the rain. The drive was not very exciting otherwise. Found my sister's house when I got to Houston about 7:30. My sister and her husband, Krista and Bob Bartel, live near Hobby Airport in Southwest Houston. Bob runs the Houston Youth Hostel. He is a neat guy. I am not sure who he works for. He likes to fix up his house himself. He absolutely is in love with Krista, and a nice guy to boot. This is a refreshing change for Krista. For her part, Krista is recovering from some surgery, so she is still kind of taking life gingerly. She has had it rough; I am glad that her life seems to be taking shape.

Route - I-10 West to Houston. Joy.




No comments: