Tuesday, July 07, 2020

Baseball Trip Replay - Day 45 - July 7, 1994

July 7 - Time to drive to Atlanta. The drive was pretty smooth; however, I ran into a snag in Chattanooga. There was a series of major accidents on Interstate 24 right before the intersection of Interstate 75. I moved about 3/4 of a mile over about 90 minutes. I finally got off at a city street, snaked my way downtown, and got back on the freeway. I got back on the first exit after the major accident, and they were busy cleaning sand off of the freeway and righting a semi. I could not figure out why I seemd to be the only person who got off of the freeway and went through town.

Anyway, finally got to Atlanta. Andrea Terrill had contacted her cousin Clark and his family, and that is where I was staying. Clark and Suzan have two kids and a dog, so the house is kind of frenetic most of the time. The family had just returned from a long trip to New Orleans, and everybody's nerves were kind of frazzled. Suzan offered to cook some dinner for me and Andrea, but I thought it would just be easier on everybody if Andrea and I just went out. We found a good Italian place, and ate and caught up with life. When we got back, I was put up on the couch. However, because the kids would be up at 6, they moved me to the five-year old's bed about then so I could sleep.

Route - I-64 East to I-57. I-57 South to I-24. I-24 East to I-75. I-75 South to Atlanta.


No comments: