Wednesday, July 01, 2020

Baseball Trip Replay - Day 39 - July 1, 1994

July 1 - Well, if I had looked at the map before I stayed an extra night in Boston, I would have realized that it is a 12 hour drive to Pittsburgh. The game started a 7:05. I realized that I wasn't going to make it early, but I lucked out. This is one place in my schedule that had an extra day in it anyway, so I decided to just go to the game on Saturday. Not much to say about this day other than I drove to Pittsburgh. I do hate the interstates in Pennsylvania; they are in terrible shape and under construction and have low speed limits and aggressive cops. Ugh.

Pittsburgh is is a beautiful place; it is situated where two rivers combine to form the Ohio River, and it is in the valleys of these rivers that the town lays. There are lots of hills and rivers all over the place. The view as you go exit the tunnel into downtown is fantastic.

I found John Greiner's house. He is living with a couple of other CMU grad students. It's a typical bachelor house; messy but not unsanitary, lots of college-type furniture, computer in the dining room, etc. They seem like pretty swell guys, and we watched TV until everybody went to bed.

Route - I-95 South to I-78. I-78 West to I-76. I-76 West to the I-70 split. I-70 West to I-79. I-79 North to I-279. I-279 North to Pittsburgh.


No comments: