Saturday, July 04, 2020

Baseball Trip Replay - Day 42 - July 4, 1994

July 4 - Found out that the game I was going to in Wrigley Field had turned into a double-header since a game had been rained out the last time Colorado had been through. Cool.

Wrigley is the best park in the National League, and I think it's cool, but there are several parks in the AL that I like better. I miss the big-screen TV. The park is clean, and has that old park charm, and the ivy and the buildings across the street with the people on the rooves are really cool.

The first game went fast, and while was watching it, I was listening to the USA-Brazil World Cup game in the radio. Too bad about the USA, but they did great just to get there.

The second game got underway, but in the seventh inning there was a rain delay. This is when I really miss the big-screen TV. They got back underway again, and went into extra-innings. There was another rain delay in the 14th inning, this time sixty-nine minutes. They got back underway, but they had thrown two pitches when the rain started again. They played through until the Rockies had scored two in the top of the fifteenth, and stated the bottom of the 15th, but then again, they stopped playing. They had another fifty-two minute delay, and finally, they played out the fifteenth inning. The first game started at 12:06 PM, the second game was over at 10:15. Longest day of baseball I have ever been through. Don't think I want that to happen much to me anymore.

First game score: Chicago 4, Colorado 3 on a two run single by Derrick May in the bottom of the 9th off of Bruce Ruffin.

Second game score: Colorado 4, Chicago 2, 15 innings, 3 hours plus of rain delays.

Found my way back home and showed David the videos that I had made so far.


1994-07-04 Panarama of Wrigley Field
Wrigley Field


1994-07-04 Chicago pitching to Colorado

1994-07-04 Chicago pitching to Colorado
I have no idea who these players are.


Scoresheet for 1994-07-04 COL at CHI Game 1 - Visitors
Scoresheet from 1994-07-04 COL at CHN Game 1 - Home

Game 2 went so long it required more pages.

Scoresheet for 1994-07-04 COL at CHI Game 2 - Visitors - Page 1

Scoresheet for 1994-07-04 COL at CHI Game 2 - Visitors - Page 2
Scoresheet for 1994-07-04 COL at CHI - Game 2 - Home - Page 1

Scoresheet for 1994-07-04 COL at CHI - Home - Page 2




No comments: