Thursday, July 09, 2020

Baseball Trip Replay - Day 47 - June 9, 1994

July 9 - Time to go to Miami. Well, there were floods in Georgia around Macon, and I-75 was closed. So I had to go around. Took an awful long time to get to Miami. Was impressed with Florida's Turnpike, after being on the Kansas, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana and the New Jersey turnpikes. The road was in great shape (they don't get snow, make sense), and the service areas were unbelievably clean. Anyway, got to Miami about 2:30. The motel I was staying in was just down the road from Miami International Airport, and the neighborhood was not the best. It was right by a closed MacDonald's, and four women dressed in very little with very high heels and way too much makeup were just getting out of their car and started walking down the street. Some of the parking lot of the motel was blocked off, so I had to snake around to get to the lobby and my room. It was a nice motel despite the people with entirely too loud stereos going down the street around the place.

Route - I-20 East to US 441. US 441 South to US 319. US 319 South to Georgia 107. Georgia 107 West to I-75. I-75 South to Florida's Turnpike. Florida's Turnpike South to Miami.


No comments: