Friday, July 03, 2020

Baseball Trip Replay - Day 41 - July 3, 1994

July 3 - Once again into the maelstrom. Back to Chicago to pick up the Cubs. I am very tired of Ohio and Indiana and Southeast Chicago. I thought I would be clever and not get stuck on the torn up freeways of Chicago, so I took Lakeshore Drive through the city. Mistake. Chicago was having its Fourth of July fireworks show, and there were a million and a half people lining the parks and streets of Lake Michigan. Took quite a while to get through this mess.

Got back to David Raitt's and Valerie Tardiff's place about 8:30. There was a significant chance that they wouldn't be, but I could use their apartment anyway. Isn't that cool? Aren't they wonderful people? But they were indeed home; there were dirty dishes on the dining table and the day's World Cup results had been written in on the chart on the fridge. Watched TV until they got back from Wilmette's fireworks show. Chatted for a while and went to bed.

Route - I-279 North to I-79. I-79 North to US-19. US-19 North to I-76. I-76 West to I-80. I-80 West to I-80-90. I-80-90 West to I-90. I-90 West to US 41. US 41 North to Wilmette.


No comments: