Sunday, May 31, 2020

Baseball Trip Replay - Day 8 - May 31, 1994

May 31 - Well, I think we ran out of things to talk about. However, I had to figure out how to ship this antique radio (it's in a cabinet 42" high) back home. Grandmother's phone was acting up also. I arranged the shipping from a pay phone, and called the phone company to look at the problem.

When I was preparing for this trip, I had tried to find a knee-length raincoat with a hood since I am expecting rain to happen somewhere this summer. I first went to Sears, and then Target, but they said that raincoats were "seasonal" in California. I went to North Face, an outdoor shop, and they didn't have what I wanted, and what they did have, they wanted $70 for. When I told Grandmother this, we went down to Wal-Mart in Plainview and found one for $15. Stupid California.

Grandmother and Me
Grandmother and Me

Zenith Model 9-S-262 from 1938
Zenith Model 9-S-262 from 1938. It worked when I brought it home from Grandmother's in 1981. She then took it back and stored it when I went to college. Did not work in 1994. I sent it to California. Never got it fixed. Sold to collector in 2006.


No comments: