Sunday, May 24, 2020

Baseball trip day 1 - May 24, 1994

May 24 - Took Anna to work, ran a couple of errands and headed out. Arrived in LA about 5:30, got checked into a cheap motel in KoreaTown, and headed to the game. Parked in the worst possible location; had to walk around the stadium and up a hellish number of stairs. Got into the stadium and then was informed that no video cameras were allowed. Checked mine with lost and found, and found my seat. My seat was in the front row of the top deck, and I felt like I was falling the whole game. It was a Candlestick-like night, although not really that cold. But there was a lot of fog. Aside from the annoyance of the video camera and the rail that blocked my view of the field, I liked Dodger Stadium. Grass, build for baseball only, etc. The DiamondVision screen had an incredible picture, the best I have ever seen.

The Cubs beat the Dodgers, 2-0. (https://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1994/B05240LAN1994.htm)

I was really surprised that it only took me fifteen minutes to get back to the motel.

Route from San Fransisco (where my last errand was): I-580 East to I-5. I-5 South to I-110. I-110 to city streets for KoreaTown.




(Please note that these maps are just for show; they may or may not represent the route I actually took).

Dodger Stadium



Scoresheet from game




This is a replay of my blog (did not know the term then!) from my baseball stadium tour in the spring and summer of 1994. Please see Baseball trip replay for more information.

I actually saw five games in the Bay Area before I started my trip. Two of them were a double header at Candlestick; the other three were at the Oakland-Alameda Coliseum.


I did not pass through either Candlestick or Oakland on my trip because I had seen these games.

No comments: