Sunday, August 02, 2020

Baseball Trip Replay - Day 71 - August 2, 1994

August 2 - Decided to add another 15 minutes to my drive by going down Historical Route 66. The towns along there are dying now because I-40 bypasses them kind of sad. There are a lot of Indian shops in Eastern Arizona. I really liked Flagstaff; it's at 7000 feet, and as a result, it has trees and plants and it's not quite so hot. Western Arizona is hot. Lake Havasu City had a reading of 116 degrees at 5:00. Gross. My car didn't like going up the ten mile long 6% grade at 65 mph with the AC on full blast when it was 110+ on I-40 going up to Needles. So I turned off the AC and slowed down and everything was OK. And I got up the hill before the inside of the car heated up. And then I turned the AC on. I got to Barstow at sunset, and had real trouble dealing with the sun at sunset. Somehow managed to find the exit for I-15, despite not being able to see anything. Arrived in Anaheim, and stayed at the Jolly Roger.

Route - I-40 West to I-15. I-15 South to California 91. California 91 West to Anaheim.




I did stop here. Spent about an hour. I think it was $10, which seems a little expensive now.

Short clip of a random fireworks show as I drove through California.

No comments: