Saturday, August 01, 2020

Baseball Trip Replay - Day 70 - August 1, 1994

August 1 - Oklahoma. Panhandle of Texas again. New Mexico.

Actually, Eastern Oklahoma is a lot like Arkansas and Missouri with lots of trees and stuff. Its just when you get past Tulsa that it turns awful. Pulled off the highway in OK City to eat and get gas, and ran into a Two Pesos. Good lunch.

About five o'clock in New Mexico, I ran into hailstorms. At one point, the hail was so bad that everybody had to pull off of the freeway because we could not see. The hail was marble sized, so it didn't really damage anything. When I got back on the freeway, it was covered with ice. Melted pretty quickly though. After a particularly bad spell of wind and hail, I stopped in Albuquerque at the Black-Eyed Pea and ate entirely too much fattening food. Pulled in to Gallup, NM, and stopped to sleep.

Route - I-44 West to I-40. I-40 West to Gallup, NM.




No comments: