Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Я еду в Киеве!

So, later today, I am flying to Kyiv, Ukraine for work. It will be the first time visiting an Eastern European city, and I am looking forward to it. Unfortunately, I will not have much time to be a tourist; I have too much work to do.

Packing involves getting my laptop ready to work on its own. But, I can't carry my big-honking-hard-drive of tunes because I don't have the right power cord. Lovely. I think my adapters will work for the MacBook Pro and iPod, though. I hope so. Anyway, I am also packing my old Russian textbook, a phrasebook, a small dictionary, and the Baseball Prospectus, as I have to prepare my fantasy baseball draft. I am also packing the airplane power cord, an Airport Express, an Ethernet cable, and a USB cable (to recharge the Blackberry). Oh, and of course, the iPod and the Blackberry. I guess I need to take clothes, toiletries, and medicine. And I need my wallet, passport and itinerary. I am not taking any keys, however. My wife is picking me up at the airport on the other side, so that should be safe.

I hope that this turns out to be lots of fun; looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

cool. my favorite teacher from DeVry LA was from the Ukraine, and worked his way through college in the US by playing rock and jazz piano. when he taught us Calc. and we had trouble integrating, he told us his grandmother could integrate faster than us! when i proudly showed him my first copy of the Real Book (5ed.), i made the mistake of turning to a page with all the notes filled in... he said he preferred to make them up himself!!

HOW was your experience, even though it was a working trip? GB, Rick