Saturday, March 05, 2005

Awesome car; first snag

In December of 2004, I bought a 2005 Corvette Coupe. I had ordered it in June, but it took a while to be ready, since I ordered the DVD navigation system.

This car ROCKS! It is fast, nimble, sexy, comfortable and has enough cargo space for all of my instruments. I have never been so pleased with a car.

However, last week, I found the first thing to complain about. It's hard to complain about this, actually... I was driving home after working really late one night, and I came up over a little rise on the freeway, and there was a tailpipe sitting there that I could not avoid. After running it over, the car rightly detected that I had a flat right front tire. The cool thing is that this car has run-flat tires. The console on the car informed me that there was a flat, and that I should drive 55 MPH, and the handling was "reduced".

Since they run for 50 more miles, and I was 32 miles from home, that was cool. I did not have to sit on the side of the freeway, either changing a tire or waiting for a tow truck or anything. I am very happy with that aspect of the car.

However, when I called the dealer the next morning, I found out that the tire is severely back-ordered. I have to wait two weeks for a replacement. I'm glad we still have the other car, because I still have something to drive in.

However, this car ROCKS!

1 comment:

Junior Perrera said...

Wow! The 2005 Corvette Coupe is very safe and convenient to drive. It automatically detects if you have a flat tire. Now that's not something most cars are capable of doing. Awesome! =)